Thursday, August 28, 2008

Acedia

A girl is sitting in a dark corner; somehow she can see everything from there, everything, all that lives, the lifeless, the earth, the universe…. But she rarely watch, her eyes are closed, but she is not sleeping… she can’t sleep… they don’t sleep. The Seven Sisters never sleep. She felt someone is coming… she saw a silhouette of an angel, a winged man, but she felt nothing angelic, nothing good…. She senses evil…. She saw Lucifer.








Lucifer: my dear Acedia, lazy as always….
Acedia: ………why are you here? Light bringer……
Lucifer: can’t a fallen angel visit his favorite sin?
Acedia: favorite? You must be looking for my other sister… Ira? Superbia? Perhaps Invidia?
Lucifer: Invidia? Are you accusing me of being envious on that old bastard!?
Acedia: ………..so it is Superbia then….
Lucifer: enough of that, this meeting is not about me; it’s about you, and your sisters.
Acedia: ….
Lucifer: so, how are the Seven Sin Sisters?
Acedia: why don’t you ask them? Why bother Sloth? Why bother the lazy one…..
Lucifer: perhaps I will visit them as well, but for now, how are you?
Acedia: ……nothing has changed….. leave me alone…… I’m not in the mood to speak to anyone….. go to my other sisters….
Lucifer: nothing has changed eh?

Acedia looked at the universe, she was flabbergasted…. For she kept her eyes closed for a long time. Everything changed…..

Lucifer: it seems like it’s been a while since your last observation.
Acedia: my realm…. My realm grew…..
Lucifer: despair, misery, indifference, apathy…… Sloth…. They expand uncontrollably. You have done well by not doing anything.
Acedia: that is my nature, light bringer…. Men are easily corrupted by us…. The Seven Sisters…. We are necessary…. We are inevitable……
Lucifer: I’ve learned what I have to learn…. I’m done here; I will now visit your other sisters and see if they are doing as well as you…. Farewell then, my dear Acedia…. May sadness embrace you…

Lucifer departs…… Acedia is again, alone in a corner….. watching…. listening carefully to the requiem of the weeping…. She loves the sound of despair….. Acedia is Sloth

No comments: